Tuesday, February 16, 2010

True Vine Library


Our True Vine library is officially open!!! I am excited to be able to have books available for anyone to borrow at PCC. These book are for the whole gamete of adoption, including contemplating adoption, during the process, after your child comes home and beyond. We also have some country specific books, single parenting and books from an adoptee's perspective. We have parenting books and books to help young children understand adoption. In addition, we have Adoptive Family magazines.

If the subject isn't clear from the title, I have put more specifics in parenthesis behind it (ie China). If it is a children's book, I have put (child) behind it. If it is on loan to someone else, it says...you guessed it!...**ON LOAN. If you interested in a book that is already on loan, I can hold it for you next. It's just like the public library...well, almost:)

If you are interested in a book or magazine, check out the list of titles on the right side of the blog towards the bottom. You can Google the title to find out more about the book. If you want to borrow a book, just email me at saramicheleallen@hotmail.com and tell me the title. I am storing the books at my house. We can make arrangements for you to get the book by me bringing it to church or you stopping by my house to get it. Some books we have multiple copies of. I will probably send reminders if you have had a book for a while or if someone else is wanting to borrow the same book.

I thank those who have donated their books and will be able to help others. It is an amazing way to give back! If you have adoptive books at home that you can donate, please contact me. You can also consider purchasing a book for the library, as a way to "pay it forward." We don't have any books on attachment, older child adoption, domestic adoption, transracial families, foster care, etc. These books help guide and educate you through a crazy process with an amazing ending!!

Let's fill up these shelves!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment